Episode 31: The 6 Types of Social Media Posts...So You’ll Never Struggle with “What should I post?” Again!
In our digital age, it is so important that you know how to effectively market your business on social media. But most business owners have a love/hate relationship with social media. We know we need to be there to promote our businesses, but we struggle to post in an authentic way that is not exhausting and life-sucking. 😣
I hope this episode will help you see social media as a way to CONNECT and make it feel less of a burden! Here I share 6 different types of social media posts so that you’ll never have to struggle with “What should I post?!” again as a business owner.
- Inspiration - Inspire your followers to live a better life or have hope for the future.
- Education - Teach your followers something. (Keep it simple! Better to do more posts with less information than one HUGE post that no one will read in full.)
- Community building - Invite your followers to be part of a community that is bigger than themselves and has a higher purpose in the world.
- Behind-the-scenes - Show behind the scenes of your business or your life (if you are comfortable doing so).
- Recommendations - Make a recommendation for a product or service you know and love. Not your own product, but something that will make life easier for your followers!
- Entertainment - Make your followers smile or laugh. (Even better if you can COMBINE this one with #2 and educate them at the same time! Reels and TikTok are great for this.)
Today’s episode was originally published as a Facebook Live video in the OT Entrepreneurs Facebook group. Come join us if you’re not already there!
Shout out to Sarah Putt, host of the OT4Lyfe Podcast, the genius who suggested I also re-purpose the FB live content as a podcast episode! 💚