Episode 69: Sandi York: Being Boss of Your Business TAXES!
It’s that time of year that, frankly, many business owners have come to dread: tax season. It can be overwhelming, but know that you’re not alone. You don’t need to have stress around taxes. It is in your best interest to outsource tasks that are not in your wheelhouse so you can run your business effectively and focus on your expertise.
Enter, Sandi York, my wonderful CPA. She’s on the podcast today to talk about all the things taxes, and to remind us that it doesn’t have to be a stressful situation. We’re breaking down common tax concepts and situations as well as tips for staying financially savvy as a business owner. You’re going to want to take notes.
- Sandi’s experience as a tax professional
- Breakdown of basic categories of types of taxes
- Sole proprietor vs. LLC vs. S-Corp (which is best for you depends on many factors)
- The importance of hiring finance professionals (bookkeepers, accountants, payroll companies)
- Making sure you hire someone that you trust who is attentive to your needs
- The ins and outs of self-employment taxes
- Getting familiar with your state’s website for taxes and employers
- Independent contractor vs. employee (rules vary by state)
- Keeping a positive mindset around finances
- How even a base financial understanding helps you sustain and grow your business
- Getting your systems in place while you’re still small
Resources from this episode:
My Contigo Approach online course, which is the nature-based approach to pediatric therapy that I developed, is now open for enrollment. I’m also offering a free 1-hour masterclass for anyone interested in nature-based pediatric therapy, called The 5-Step Framework To Be An Effective and Confident Nature-Based Pediatric Therapist. It includes tons of resources, whether you’re just getting started or you want to deepen your work. In that masterclass, you have the opportunity to enroll in the Contigo Approach online course if you want to dive deeper. Visit naturemasterclass.com to register for the free masterclass.