Episode 73: How to Interview to Hire a Great Team
Whether you already have a team or you’re hiring for the very first time, interviewing can be just as nerve-wracking for the interviewer as it is for the interviewee. With the right processes in place, though, you can set up your interviews to reflect your business values and help you find the hidden gems among your application pile.
In this episode, I’m explaining how to interview in a way that makes it easier to identify and hire stellar employees. I’m sharing my process for creating and using an interview guide. I’m also sharing how I develop my interview questions, conduct working interviews, and make my post-interview decisions.
- Why it’s vital to get clear on your values before hiring a team
- How to identify problems you had with previous hires
- How to create an interview guide based on your values and brand
- What kinds of questions to ask in an interview to get to know the interviewee
- The benefit of asking interviewees to perform job-related tasks or working interviews
- How your processes can help you sort through interviewees to find the hidden gems
Resources from this episode:
Are you a pediatric therapist interested in taking your work with children out into nature? The ConTiGO Approach Online Course will open for registration soon: visit www.contigoapproach.com to join the waitlist.