Episode 74: Starting and Growing a Membership Site with Katie Caspero
Figuring out how to scale your business is something that entrepreneurs have to constantly consider. What are your business goals? What do you want to share with your audience? What do you love about what you do, and what can you outsource?
One great way to grow an intentional and sustainable business is by launching a membership site. Today, I’m chatting with Katie Caspero of OT Graphically about what to keep in mind when starting a membership site, as well as tips and tools for growing and maintaining both the content and community. Everything in entrepreneurship is a learning experience, and you’re sure to learn a lot of valuable information in this episode.
- The difference between membership sites and other online offerings
- How being self-aware can help you become a better business owner
- The importance of keeping the future in mind when making business decisions
- The value that exists in a space where discussion and implementation can happen
- Software options
- Understanding fair pricing that also compensates you for your expertise
- Why it’s a good idea to offer different levels (from pricing and engagement perspectives)
- Focusing on a good user experience
- Why the community piece of a membership site is critical to its success
- Why you can’t “set it and forget it” with a membership site
- Using data to inform how you market your business
- Knowing your end goal and business topic before launching your membership site
- How to deliver value to your members without overwhelming them
- Katie’s biggest fail-learn
- How an advisory board can be helpful
- Making sure your audience is broad enough for growth
Resources from this episode:
Katie Caspero is an occupational therapist and owner of OT Graphically. She supports occupational therapists using evidence in their clinical practice through an online membership site where she provides infographics of research summaries, hosts journal clubs, and facilitates an online community space.
Get my free Nature-Based Practice Roadmap: bit.ly/natureroadmap
My Contigo Approach online course, which is the nature-based approach to pediatric therapy that I developed, is now open for enrollment. I’m also offering a free 1-hour masterclass for anyone interested in nature-based pediatric therapy, called The 5-Step Framework To Be An Effective and Confident Nature-Based Pediatric Therapist. It includes tons of resources, whether you’re just getting started or you want to deepen your work. In that masterclass, you have the opportunity to enroll in the Contigo Approach online course if you want to dive deeper. Visit naturemasterclass.com to register for the free masterclass.