7: Seven Tenets of a Nature-Based Lifestyle
What are common "tenets" (traits, ideologies, beliefs, or principles) of a nature-based lifestyle?
In today’s episode, I’m sharing my very EARLY thoughts on commonalities I’ve noticed from working with other nature-based therapists for several years now.
Through conversations with others in this space, I have developed seven tenets that I think exemplify values we share as nature-loving therapists.
I’m sharing them in this unscripted, semi-fumbling-over-my-words, early ideas format because I want to hear what YOU think!
The 7 (tentative) Tenets of a Nature-Based Lifestyle may be:
- We CONNECT with each other and nature
- We PROTECT the earth
- We HONOR the interconnectedness of life—past, present, and future
- We NOTICE things, both big and small, in nature and in each other
- We MOVE our bodies for health and well-being
- We GROW by embracing opportunities and staying open-minded to change
- We SIMPLIFY our personal and professional lives to make time for what matters in life.
So in sum: connect & protect, honor & notice, move & grow, + simplify.
After you listen, I want to know: Does this resonate with you?? Share YOUR thoughts inside the Podcast discussion in the TGO Community here: https://www.therapyinthegreatoutdoors.com/join-the-community
If you're ready to take the next step in this adventure, join our free Therapy in the Great Outdoors Community at therapyinthegreatoutdoors.com. The TGO community is a private space just for nature-based pediatric practitioners. We have loads of resources there to support you as you start or grow a nature-based practice or program.
Are you a pediatric therapist interested in taking your work with children out into nature? The ConTiGO Approach Online Course will open for registration soon: visit www.ConTiGOapproach.com to join the waitlist.