Listener Q & A: Growing a Business, Getting Customers, Liability Insurance, & Finding Outdoor Space
Running a nature-based therapy practice is more complicated than just taking your patients outdoors. There’s a lot that has to happen behind-the-scenes – from payroll to insurance to business strategy – and you’re bound to have questions along the way. I’m answering some of those questions today!
In this episode, I answer a few listener questions about starting and growing a nature-based therapy practice. I explain how you can work towards your goals, even when you’re not in a place to scale your business. I explain the purpose of liability insurance and why you need it. Plus, I share my experience finding outdoor spaces where I could legally conduct my practice.
- What to do if you don’t feel like you’re ready to grow your business yet
- How to reverse-engineer your way to your business goals
- How hiring employees can actually help you work less
- The importance of parent buy-in when growing your practice
- How to talk to families about insurance issues and best practices
- What liability insurance does for therapists
- How to find outdoors spaces to use in your practice
- How to protect and respect the outdoor spaces that you use
Resources from this episode:
If you're ready to take the next step in this adventure, join our free Therapy in the Great Outdoors Community at therapyinthegreatoutdoors.com. The TGO community is a private space just for nature based pediatric practitioners. We have loads of resources there to support you as you start or grow a nature based practice or program.
Are you a pediatric therapist interested in taking your work with children out into nature? The ConTiGO Approach Online Course will open for registration soon: visit www.ConTiGOapproach.com to join the waitlist.