2022 Year-in-Review Episode (aka Why a business bank balance of $53415 on Dec 31 may NOT indicate good profit!)
It’s a new year, and you know what that means: it’s time for a year-end review. Each year, I sit down and do my best to be transparent with you about how my business did. From the outside, it might seem like my business is huge and thriving – and it is doing well, but I learned some hard lessons too.
And even though I’m ending the year with over $50k in my business accounts, my profit margins for 2022 have been really slim. Instead of being a year of major financial growth, 2022 ended up being a reorganization year. I spent some money in places that I probably shouldn’t have, but I also made some investments that are going to set my businesses up for future success.
So in today’s episode, I’m breaking down how I reorganized my businesses, how and why I spent some much money in the businesses this year, and my big goals for next year. Even if some of my numbers feel a little embarrassing, sitting down to reflect on the year helped me to appreciate the small and big wins and get clarity on my plans for next year, and I encourage you to take time to do the same.
- Why I officially separated my two businesses and how that’s clarified my business finances
- The wins from last year for both TGO and Outdoor Kids OT
- How my team has grown and how I’m working on company culture this year
- I finally finished my dissertation! (And I’m writing a book)
- How I’m learning to celebrate all moments, big and small
- How last year was about reorganizing and creating new products, and why this year is about maintaining stability
- My business revenue and profits from 2022, and financial lessons I’ve learned about managing and analyzing your numbers
- My goals for 2023, and how I’m continuing to build on and structure my businesses to be more streamlined
Resources from this episode:
If you're ready to take the next step in this adventure, join our free Therapy in the Great Outdoors Community at therapyinthegreatoutdoors.com. The TGO community is a private space just for nature based pediatric practitioners. We have loads of resources there to support you as you start or grow a nature based practice or program.
If you’re serious about taking your nature-based practice to the next level, come join the Business Bedrocks Group Coaching Program in The Business Hive. You'll get clarity & confidence to grow a profitable and personally fulfilling business that runs on auto-pilot as much as possible.
For even more resources, check out The Therapy in the Great Outdoors (TGO) Library, a proven toolkit for no-stress nature-based treatment planning.
Are you a pediatric therapist interested in taking your work with children out into nature? The ConTiGO Approach Online Course will open for registration soon: visit www.ConTiGOapproach.com to join the waitlist.