Partnering with Schools in Your Nature-Based Practice - Live Coaching Call with Erin Wilke
When growing your nature-based therapy practice, it’s important to think of all the ways that you can connect with parents and teachers in your community. Partnering with schools is a great way to connect with families that could benefit from your services. Even better: if there are forest schools in your town, that’s an obvious environment to build long-lasting relationships.
In today’s episode, I’m doing a live coaching call with Erin Wilke, who is a member of the TGO Business Hive. She’s sharing how she has connected with the forest schools in her area to cultivate relationships that can bring forth new clients. She has great ideas on how to fill her daytime hours, and I’m sharing some ways that she can expand on her ideas and make them a reality.
The benefit of having a coach means that you can have brainstorming sessions, such as this one, that help you to understand your options, gain insight from an experienced mentor, and build the confidence to grow your business in a way that works for you.
- Erin’s ideas for how to fill the daytime hours in her business, including screening or in-services that could lead to new patients
- The benefits to having outdoor and indoor space for your practice
- How an O.T. can be helpful in a forest school
- How you can use free or low-cost services as marketing tools for long-term business
- My advice for how Erin can add benefits to her services, and how she can build out her offerings into a system
- Things to consider when setting your prices, including setting expectations
- Erin reminds us not be afraid to put yourself out there
- The support Erin has found in the TGO Business Hive, why she joined, and why she thinks others should join
Resources from this episode:
If you're ready to take the next step in this adventure, join our free Therapy in the Great Outdoors Community at therapyinthegreatoutdoors.com. The TGO community is a private space just for nature based pediatric practitioners. We have loads of resources there to support you as you start or grow a nature based practice or program.
Download my free guide The Nature-Based Practice ROADMAP to help you focus (and avoid costly mistakes!) as you start or grow your nature-based pediatric therapy practice.
If you’re serious about taking your nature-based practice to the next level, come join the Business Bedrocks Group Coaching Program in The Business Hive. You'll get clarity & confidence to grow a profitable and personally fulfilling business that runs on auto-pilot as much as possible.
For even more resources, check out The Therapy in the Great Outdoors (TGO) Library, a proven toolkit for no-stress nature-based treatment planning.
Are you a pediatric therapist interested in taking your work with children out into nature? The ConTiGO Approach Online Course will open for registration soon: visit www.ConTiGOapproach.com to join the waitlist.