Feedback Wanted for My Upcoming Book on Nature-Based Pediatric Therapy!
Today’s episode is a little bit different! I’m writing a book on nature-based pediatric therapy and after reviewing the outline, I realized I’d love to know what YOU would like to see in this book. What are the things that would help you the most if you’re interested in this topic or in running a nature-based practice?
In the episode, I share a little history on how and why I’m writing this book, but I mainly want some feedback from you. I’ll be focusing on my ConTiGO approach and my ECO-Therapy model (from my dissertation research). The intended audience will be occupational, physical, and speech therapists, and also mental health counselors and social workers.
I’m really looking forward to your comments and I’m excited to get this book written and out into the world.
- [00:00] My request for your feedback and a little background on my publishing journey so far
- [03:55] What the book will be about and my rough outline
- [07:08] The ConTiGO approach I developed in 2019 and my eco therapy model
- [08:41] Who this book is primarily geared towards
- [10:36] My desire for this book to be equal parts practice and business and why
Resources from this episode:
- Book: Nature-Based Therapy: A Practitioner's Guide to Working Outdoors with Children, Youth, and Families by Nevin Harper, Kathryn Rose, David Segal
- Book: Nature-Based Allied Health Practice: Creative and Evidence-Based Strategies by Amy Wagenfeld and Shannon Marder (Oct 2023)
Are you a pediatric therapist interested in taking your work with children out into nature? Join the waitlist for the ConTiGO Approach Online Course.
If you're ready to take the next step in this adventure, join the free TGO community, a private space just for nature based pediatric practitioners to support you as you start or grow a nature-based practice or program.
Download my free guide The Nature-Based Practice ROADMAP to help you start or grow your nature-based pediatric therapy practice.
If you’re serious about taking your nature-based practice to the next level, come join the Business Bedrocks Group Coaching Program in The Business Hive.